Search this Blog

Loading

Friday, March 4, 2011

Love...

I am so sure that anyone reading this is going to think that I am going to talk about my love life (or ppl knowing me - the lack of it), I fell the necessity to clarify in the very beginning - no on both counts.. I am not even going to talk about any fantasy or how my dream girl should be like..

This post is a simple attempt to demystify love.. or simply put, what I think love is.. Now, if you are wondering that I have no experience and should therefore have no authority to comment on love, let me clarify that as a person who is more in love with the idea of being in love (as rightly pointed out by a few of my friends) and coz I am
mostly surrounded by couples, I have had the opportunity to watch and observe love at a close range and can therefore consider myself as an "expert" of sorts..

And yes, love is mysterious.. there is no one definition for love.. heck, even the one's present seem contradictory.. so, here is my attempt to try and explain about love based on other ppl's experience.. (for ppl who don't understand, this was my disclaimer meaning that if you have any qualms about what you read below, take it up with "The PPL"!)




So, with hundreds of love quotes for every situation, thousands of advices on how to proceed and millions of stories, both successful and the not-so-successful already available out there, here I am risking my hand at the daunting (and pretty much self catastrophic) task of defining love:


(Note: Her is interchangeable with Him)
  1. Love, can happen to anyone at anytime (mostly at the least expected time and many a times with the least expected person - or that's how your friends will claim later!)
  2. Love, is that feeling of attraction that just doesn't go away with closeness (I don't just mean physical. Some argue that attraction is there only till the magic of mystery is present & once you know the person, the magic is gone.. Love doesn't fall under that argument.. You know the person completely and you are still attracted to that person)
  3. Love, is the not-so-self-evident flying of sparks when you are with her
  4. Love, is that longing feeling of wanting to be with her but not necessarily doing something (you look forward to being with her but when you are, you can't really think of anything to do - you are just content with the proximity)
  5. Love, is missing her after spending the whole day with her
  6. Love, is having a million things to talk and then staying silent after meeting
  7. Love, is the jealousy that someone might mean more to her than you
  8. Love, is fighting madly and then loving even more madly!
  9. Love, is being angry on her and yet not being able to stop worrying about her
  10. Love, is being grumpy after waking up but becoming cheerful by a msg or call from her
  11. Love, is wanting to do something just because she wants to (attention to the subtle difference between "doing something for her" and "wanting to do something for her")
  12. Love, is eating your least favorite dish because it's her favorite
  13. Love, is trying to impress her even though you know she is completely yours
  14. Love, is looking at other girls but still wanting her
  15. Love, is defending her even though you know she is wrong
  16. Love, is knowing that she is not perfect but still thinking she is
  17. Love, is holding her reassuringly coz she got scared of a cockroach
  18. Love, is letting her sleep on your hand the whole night
  19. Love, is wanting to wake up to her voice
  20. Love, is fighting with her and then not being fine with anyone else
  21. Love, is letting her win
  22. Love, is doing things for her even if she won't know it
  23. Love, is letting her think she loves you more than you love her
  24. Love, is loving her even when you think things will never work out
  25. Love, is waiting for her when she says she will never come back
I will stop here and let the feeling sink in..  Love is a wonderful feeling that everyone should experience, not necessarily before marriage.. Coz as they say, Marriage is falling in love multiple times - always with the same person...

Disclaimer: Close Friends are known to experience many of the above and you could just be having a crush on someone.. What I mean is, you need not be in love just coz u feel some of the above..

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Post.. LOVE..hmmm.. Something which is never really easy to express!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy...for a second there, I thought I was reading my own blog post i've been working on (haven't posted yet)its almost word for word what I was writting O.O Great minds think alike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepier that you would post a comment but not give an inkling of a clue of who you are...

    ReplyDelete