Search this Blog

Loading

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The girl of my dreams...


Before you jump to conclusions, let me clarify... The title is intentionally misleading... and no... I haven’t found anyone yet... actually, I m not at all looking for anyone... so it's fine... that brings us to what I am writing...

A bit of a prelude before I start... Like all guys, I have had numerous crushes and I still do (Any guy saying he hasn’t had a crush yet is definitely lying and any guy reading this and still denying it is actually thinking “Damn him!!! Y did he have to tell the truth like this!!!”)...

Sometimes, I feel I have a crush on every good looking girl that passes by... But like all crushes that I have had, none of them last more than a week or so... except one... my last crush is so humongous (I mean the crush, not the person!!!) that I haven’t gotten over it still... and its almost a year now... All those who are starting to think I m a loser for having a crush for such a long time and not doing anything should take some deep breaths, calm down and read what I wrote.. it’s a CRUSH.. Just a crush... Nothing less, nothing more... So what if my heart stops every time she passes by... What if my heart suddenly starts beating faster when she smiles... What if I cant look away from her eyes... What if all I want to do is just sit with her and look at her glowing face... Ahem... Like I said, it's just a crush... And I m quite sure of that...

Besides, there are too many factors that ensure that this will remain a crush (Apart from certain choices of mine, there s also the age and marital status of the crush that s quite bothersome and somehow also includes the fact that a very good friend of mine shares the same intensity of crush for that person...)

Now back to the main story... I had a dream today morning involving the crush (henceforth known simply as C to prevent any kind of discomfort to the crush), the very good friend mentioned earlier (P), another very good friend (A), some unknown friend who I can feel is beside me but cant recognize who it is (X) and at later stages of the dream, a recently made kid sister (N)...

A Note before I start: All descriptions are as far as I can remember from the dream and since it’s a dream it may not make any sense whatsoever...

Here it goes...
Me, P, A and X are coming out of a theater in some mall... we come out and immediately find C standing there looking for someone. We exchange pleasantries and start talking general stuff... that’s when C mentions that she was doing shopping and that it was her & her hubby’s birthday the next day (which for some reason is Jan 30)... I look at P and share a smile... We knew that... we know everything about her (it’s a dream so we are allowed to be over confident about things :P)

All of us start walking together and that’s when we come across a small attraction... like the ones in the amusement parks and exhibitions... this one is a bit different... there is a screen on which some old video is going on... suddenly it’s like a quiz of optical illusions... a picture comes up and I just know what they are asking even though the question is not written anywhere or being read out by anyone... and there are buttons in front that I can press and give the answer with... One picture is slightly darkened and has a group of ppl in it; some sitting and some standing and I know that the question is whether the person sitting in the middle is an old lady or an old guy... I press the answer for old lady and it turns out to be an old guy... and I suddenly realize that I have already taken this before and I had given the same wrong answer earlier too... After that the game seemed very boring and I just answered anything; some right, some wrong...

After that, I, P, A & X came out and found C lying on a sofa outside the exit (a sofa that resembled the one in many office receptions)... Hearing us come, C got up and feeling a bit embarrassed, said that she was very tired and that it had never happened before that she had fallen asleep like this after coming for an outing... for some reason P and I knew that she had already done it once (I mean going out somewhere and then falling asleep)... I gave a knowing glance to P who was smiling again, letting him know, I too remember that she had done it before...

Soon the topic changed to leaving and when I asked where we had to go, P said "Mahabalipuram" (Which is actually a place near Chennai, connected by the East Coast Road, better known as ECR and known for the pleasant long ride)

It's then I realized that we had only two bikes – mine and P’s and there were 6 of us. This is where I noticed the presence of N in the situation. Debating whether to leave a good friend like A and pick up C or leave C with P and take A, I was also wondering how come there is a Mahabalipuram in Bangalore... That's when P suggested that I drop N. That was a bolt from the blue.. coz I had never considered dropping N... Completely shocked, I asked why and P said that she needed to go to KR Puram (which is so close to where I stay that it can be considered that I stay there)... N too pleaded "Yes Vivek, please drop me at KR Puram"...

And that's when the disaster got averted thanks to my roomie S and I woke up with a start... I say disaster coz knowing P and his effect on women and considering my luck (or the complete lack of it), I knew that the dream could have ended with A & C both going with P or any other outcome that I would later on wish I had been in P's place...

Now that you have completely wasted your time reading this, I will tell you the only good thing I can think of... I can finally... truthfully... honestly... say... that C is the girl of my dreams :P :P :P

2 comments:

  1. :) interesting.
    All the more interesting would be to know who the significant others are...

    btw: i have had crazier & more senseless dreams...so take cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Significant Others?? I have no idea what you mean :P

    ReplyDelete