Search this Blog

Loading

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Snide and Prejudiced


They say that you only see what you want to see and that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder beholder.. that truth is nothing but what one accepts as true and that seeing is believing.. That good or bad is relative and that we have just created an illusion of norms to make ourselves look safe and sane.. And that's just some of the many nice ways of saying we are all prejudiced.. in one way or the other.. abt one thing or another..

But what really stumps me is when someone crosses the fine line between prejudice and double standards.. that the same person takes the same things done by different ppl differently.. that right & wrong or good & bad does not depend on the person judging it but on the person who did it..

  1. If I tell her what to do, I am bossy and dominating.
    If he tells her what to do, he is caring and wants what's best for her.
  2. If I decide the plan for the evening, I am conceited and self centered.
    If he decides the plan for the evening, he is a leader who knows to make decisions.
  3. If I ask what everyone wants, I am indecisive and don't have my own individuality.
    If he asks what everyone wants, he is sympathetic to others' needs.
  4. If I have a strong opinion, I am opinionated and have a closed mind.
    If he has a strong opinion, he is sure of his thoughts and has the guts to stand for what he believes in.
  5. If I want to know why she's upset, I am intrusive and don't give her space and time.
    If he wants to know why she's upset, he is empathetic and knows that she needs someone even when she say's she doesn't. 
  6. If I am not there when she needs me, I don't understand her plight and I am cold and insensitive.
    If he is not there when she needs him, he must have been busy with something else.
  7. If I have a quirky trait, I am flawed and imperfect.
    If he has a quirky trait, it's what makes him real and human.
  8. If I care too much for her, I am smoldering her and making her dependent on me.
    If he cares too much for her, that's what is endearing about him.
  9. If I tell about my achievement, I am vain and arrogant.
    If he tells about his achievement, he just wants to be recognized and appreciated.
  10. If I stay the whole night working, it's my fault and I shouldn't complain about being sleepy.
    If he stays up the whole night watching movies, the poor guy needs his sleep.
  11. If I have a fever and cold, "I can't be that sick that I can't have some fun with everyone".
    If he has a headache, "Maybe we should all just go home and take rest".
  12. If I tell something that others don't know, I am being a show-off.
    If he tells something that others don't know, "he knows so much" and is sharing knowledge.
  13. If I don't know something, I am ignorant and dumb.
    If he doesn't know something, he is only human.
  14. If I correct someone, I am trying to look superior.
    If he corrects someone, he is making them a better person.
  15. If I claim something, it has to be proven by atleast two different non-related sources before being considered true.
    If he claims something, it is true unless proven false and even then, he should be appreciated for trying.
  16. If I speak differently, I am weird.
    If he speaks differently, he is cute.
  17. If I have a bad habit, "Its wrong and disgusting and I should change".
    If he has a bad habit, "Well, everyone has atleast one flaw in them!".
  18. If I am very helpful, I don't know when to say NO and I bend for everyone.
    If he is very helpful, he is a good person and very giving.
  19. If I am not helpful, I am being rude and uncourteous.
    If he is not helpful, he knows when to say NO.
  20. If I do something without her, I don't think of her and I am shunning her.
    If he does something without her, he has his own world and needs his own space.
  21. If I do something good, it was just my duty.
    If he does something good, he deserves a reward.
  22. If I do something bad, I am a bad person.
    If he does something bad, he didn't really mean to.
  23. If I do something wrong, I should apologize and make up for it.
    If he does something wrong, it's ok, everyone makes mistakes.
  24. If I am feeling bad about something, it's probably my mistake.
    If he is feeling bad about something, it's probably her mistake.
  25. I have many flaws and I should work on them.
    He has many flaws, but that's how he is and that's what makes him, HIM!
Why the difference you ask? Well.. Coz she likes me and she "likes" him :)

Disclaimer: These are just illustrative examples of double standards/ prejudice from the figments of my imagination and should not be thought of as real life examples. Any perceived resemblance is purely coincidental! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment