Search this Blog

Loading

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fever :)


I have always been proud about my higher resistance and strong will power.. So it is kind of surprise that I am infected... thanks to all the ppl around me.. a major blame on my roomie P... so now I am starting to get the fever.. but I am sure I won't get terminally ill... all these years of building resistance has to come to use somewhere...

Okay... let me explain... I don't mean cold/ cough wala fever... I am talking abt the cricket fever.. ppl knowing me know very well that I am not a sports person (unless u factor computer/ mobile games into the sports category :P).. and even though I am a proud Indian, the cricket bug just skipped me... its probably genetic.. My parents aren't huge fans of cricket.. neither is my brother.. my sil is a sports fan but in general i.e. she watches important cricket, tennis & football matches.. so m not sure which fan she is...

I am still not cricket crazy.. I can afford to skip watching a match without it constantly running in the back of my mind (like now.. the first WC 2011 match of India vs Bangladesh is going on in the hall while here I am writing this..) so my condition hasn't gotten that bad.. yet... but now, I am starting to remember player names (if u know me, u wud know that remembering names is my weakest point), get interested in knowing the schedule and also which teams are supposedly good and which are not... and I have even started playing fantasy cricket...



Okay.. maybe fantasy cricket doesn't count as part of the fever... but hey, I am improving since the last Twenty20 world cup... at that time, I used to select a team which eventually ended up having atleast 2 players who would not be playing the match that day (I know.. you are thinking that can happen to anyone.. but no.. these are players which everyone else seemingly knew would be missing the match.. It went so bad that colleagues started betting guessing which of the non players I would be choosing!)

But it's not just that... There is Sachin.. probably the only person I actually admire in the cricketing world.. and more so because of the kind of person he is rather than for cricket's sake.. And having heard
(yet again) that this might be his last world cup (but this time, for real), I really do hope that India wins.. Sachin deserves this... And so does India...


And going by what I have heard (obviously I am not a stringent enough follower to make my own calculated decisions/ comments), the team is perfect to win the match. From what I understand, if the current set of men in blue don't win and since the top few won't be there for the next WC, we wont be winning for some time to come... 

So I think I ll let the fever get the better of me and root for India wid everyone else... here goes everything - Hip Hip Hooray for India! Hip Hip Hooray for Sachin! HopeIndiaWins the WC! or that I win something in fantasy cricket :P




Update: It seems I am out of the fever before it even started completely.. I haven't played fantasy cricket ever since I wrote this post.. But I have watched some of the matches which were simply splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment