Search this Blog

Loading

Friday, March 19, 2010

Placement Story – Part 0






One of the interesting experiences I have had is my placement in college. And my placement stories are some that I keep telling ppl and now I would like to recount it to a wider audience. Before I start, let me clarify that I am in no way trying to make fun of the esteemed institutions (including my college) or my much respected training placement officer. Any inherent humor is as is and has not been introduced for literary exaltation.

Now that I have covered my bases, I better start. I did my engineering in a well known college in the city (For the record, well known is not equivalent to the best!). The college was not a hotspot for placements... until the new training placement officer came in. Thanks to him, we had some good companies coming in. But what I really pitied was the state of the students there. Here I would like to thank the TPO for his true efforts in getting as many students placed as possible (considering most of them had multiple backlogs)

I got placed in three companies out of the three that I attended (If this was cricket, I could boast of 100% Strike Rate but then, I know how lucky I was to get these offers and how much I really didn’t have what it takes to get it, so I won’t blow my own trumpet). And there is only one other person in my college who accomplished the same feat (A nice guy even though he thinks he is superior to everyone else:P)

I will be putting the stories for each in 3 posts following this. Hope you have the patience to go through them all :P


No comments:

Post a Comment